Monday, January 23, 2012

It's still January.

So who's still going to talk about New Year's, that's right, this girl.

Husby and I are finally done celebrating all the holidays with both sides of our families. His family is in Utah and mine is in Washington so it can make for a hectic holiday season. We got home from visiting my parents a week ago and I'm having such a hard time getting back into the swing of things. Eight days with absolutely nothing to do really messes with a girl's schedule. 

During my eight days of doing nothing plus a couple REALLY long (read 14+ hour) car rides I had some time think. As much as I don't like New's Year's resolutions I can't help but love the feeling of a new year, a new beginning, a new me. I have all these goals for my life before children and if I want them to happen I need to start now. Here are just a few of what seems like 10 pages I have written down:

1. Become more healthy. To become a more healthy person I need to eat better and exercise more. I think this in on a lot of people's list but I really want to be a healthy mom so I need to get this love of potatoes under control. 

2. My shop. I am the only thing standing in the way of this dream of mine and I need to figure out how to get motivated. 

3. Make our little house a home, and do it before summer rolls around. Husby and I will only be here for two more years but I still want to love where I live and make it mine. I'm a nester, always have been and always will be. 

4. Plant a garden and stick with it. I don't know how many times I have started gardens and then became bored with them and let everything die. 

5. Finish the 1,358 projects I have started BEFORE I start anymore. This one is for me and Husby. He gets really frustrated because I always have crafts all over the place.   

So there are 5 of the countless goals I have set for myself this year. Maybe in the next couple weeks I will write them all down so I can keep track of them. One more thing added to the project list. 

The below video is has absolutely nothing to do with this post but every time I watch it I can't help but laugh. 




No comments:

Post a Comment